SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 13 November 2014

Lets talk getting the positive..

I can't believe its been one year since we found out this little nugget was on his way..
 


Never has a year felt so long yet so short at the exact same time..
We find it super funny because Elliott is the most chill baby ever, but
he was a major diva before birth!
 From how we found out he was on the way, through the whole pregnancy and straight up until the final seconds of being born.
DIVA DIVA DIVA.
Just call him Cher..
Mariah...
Kanye..

Ok you get the point.

 
Near the end of October last year my Poppy passed away, it was sort of sudden, sort of not, you know how these things go. Grandparents do get older but it doesn't make it easier.

*Especially when you are a Poppy's girl
 
 
So we were home in Nova Scotia for a week or so, planning for the funeral and such. Its all really just a blur of people visiting and food being dropped off that kind of thing. The actual day of the funeral rolled around and everything went fine, later that evening Nick, me, my sisters and cousin went out to grab a bite to eat since we had neglected eating all day & we were starved.
*photo from the restaurant that day ^
 
And that was that for the day..
Until it was about 1am and I woke up in horrible, unbearable pain. I thought a organ burst, honestly I thought my appendix had ruptured.
So I woke Nick up and told him we had to go to the hospital ASAP.
We snuck out of my aunts house, I was barely able to talk or walk thinking a organ for sure was exploding inside me. We drove to the nearest hospital in town - IT WAS CLOSED.
(well Nick had suggested we go to the further away hospital because he thought this one would be closed.. but I said try it first because I didn't think I would live to see the further away hospital, I was in so much pain!)
 
We arrived at the larger hospital checked into emergency, and of course at this point my pain became slightly milder. Still bad! but milder.
They had me answer questions and pee in a cup and sit in the waiting room.
And sit.
sit.
sit.
sit.
......
sit.
 
Then they called us into a hospital room!
Where we sat.
And sat.
sat.
sat.
sat.
....
 
Then the nurse came in and ask if I could pee again?
Me: "ARE YOU KIDDING ME, PEE AGAIN???! I DON'T NEED TO PEE I NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR!"
Nurse: "I know I'm sorry we misplaced your first pee"
ME: "THEY MISPLACED MY PEE????? WHAT A STUPID HOSPITAL WITH STUPID NURSES AND STUPID PEE CUPS...."
(that's what I was thinking anyway..)
 
So I peed again, went back to the room and waited and waited and waited some more.
By this point its probably been about 5 hours and my exploding organ pain had pretty much dulled to a tiny ache.
So Nick and I were sitting there in a room when another nurse finally came in and said...
 
Nurse: "so sorry it shouldn't be much longer, were short doctors tonight, Let me just ask you some questions.
Is there any chance that you could be pregnant?"
 
Me: "Well I could be, I guess it could be possible"
 
Nurse: " BECAUSE YOU ARE!!!!!!"
Other nurses jump into the room from behind the curtain and say
"OMG We've been wanting to tell you all night!!!!!!!!! We tried to wait for the doctor but hes taking too long!!!!!"
 
At which point Nick and I look at each other shocked, then excited, then scared, then shocked again and finally back to excited.
 
After all that they sent us to another room to wait for the doctor. He came in asked if I was still in pain, I said No. 
DOCTOR: "Ok that's great, if it goes away we don't worry about it. Sometimes that happens, congrats, see ya."
 
Its now around 7am Nick and I get in the car,  we agree that its still pretty early in the pregnancy so lets keep it to ourselves for a bit. We drive to my grandmothers house, knock on the door (since everyone is still in bed at 7am). They let us in and no one even questions why we are out at 7am...
 
Then we cant hold it in any longer and proceed to blab the whole story to my family, and call Nicks family and my mom tells every person who stops by that day.
 
And that's the story of how one little (drama queen) baby turned around a very sad time in our lives and gave us something to celebrate.
 
*the pee tests! The first one was very faint so they wanted to double check.
Those sneaky sneaky nurses!
*Embarrassing video of  the fam finding out
 
*Marley was very excited when we told her the news!
 
 
*And of course we had to name Elliott somehow
after his Poppy Eugene since he definitely had a hand in how
it all played out that day, no way that was a coincidence!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


4 comments :

  1. Loved reading this even though I knew the story. What a good way to keep a record of Elliott and your lives .<3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Judy! Every day I think I should write "this" down so I started a online blog that way we can share it with family and friends! :):)

      Delete