SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 2 March 2015

Lets talk the award goes to..

Last week I was nominated for the Liebster award and I am super happy to finally be blogging about it!
So lets go - whoot whoot!
 
 
I was nominated by https://whimsybywhillis.wordpress.com/ (<-- go check em out!) and did a teeny tiny google search to get a better idea of what the award is. Mainly I was wondering what the heck is a Liebster??! This is what I found: "the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend (really?)"
That may be total kerfluffery, I'm not sure but I found the info here--> Liebster award info
 
Anywho the main point of the award is to answer a few questions about your blog then tag a few other newbie-ish bloggers to spread the wealth to - so without further ado!
 
 
 
1.How did you decide on the title of your blog?
For a long time I thought 'Man I would really like to start a blog, I have a lot of random thoughts and ideas I would like to share' then I thought to myself "I could name the blog Hollys Hobbys, how cute!" 90's throwback yes!
THEN I was rudely awakened to the fact that every cute blog name is already taken (DUHHHH Holly! Blogging is the new dear diary everyones doing it jeesh)
I was up for hours trying:
Hollys hobbys
Hollys hobby
Hollys hobbies
Hollys hobbie
Hollies hobby
Hollies Hobbie
....... Ok you get the point I tried every single version of that you could think of then I said OK TOTALLY NEW DIRECTION NEEDED. I started brainstorming some H words and what would flow nicely, two minutes in Hollys Housewife life was born!
Now I like it so much more than Hollys hobbys! I think it has a nice ring to it and is more fitting for my little bit of everything blog.
 
2.Why did you start blogging?
See answer 1 ^ I had a cool blog name in mind. Also I have A LOT of strange/crazy ideas in my head. Weird things happen to me all the time, I love and adore talking about products/beauty supplies, I take one million pictures of my son every single day and I just needed a place to share everything.
 
3.If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
I know people are all about travel, but I have never been into it. I love being in my own home I am such a homebody but if I am going anywhere.. take me back to my beautiful NOVA SCOTIA! Also a nice vacay to PEI is in order very soon! Nick and I use to visit Prince Edward Island every summer but since moving to Newfoundland we haven't had enough free time to get to PEI.
What can I say, I love what I love, and I LOVE Canada!
 
4.What is your favourite food?
Hmmmm omg I honestly don't know.. I have a very strange relationship with food, its love/hate.
I really like my tea.
and pizza.
 
5.What is your favorite thing to do with your spare time?
Whats spare time? Ha
Well blogging, TV, reading, internet browsing, nail painting..
I don't know what kind of question is that? I mean I LOOOOOOVE TV, I am obsessed! but I don't consider it my spare time while watching, no, no its my love, my sport, my profession! (except I don't get paid.. maybe someday) TV is like breathing to me - non optional!
 
6.Where is your dream vacation spot?
Didn't I answer this one? I really like staying home hahaha
 
7.Beach or the mountains?
East Coast Canada best of both worlds
 
8.Are you a dog or a cat person?
OOooooo since I have 3 cats, 1 dog I always try to decide down the road if I could only have one which would it be, and every single time I truly cannot pick! I can't imagine my life without a couple of cats AND a dog, it will just never happen I will always have both! 
 
9.A long lost relative gives you a large sum of money, what do you do with it?
Ok first build our sweet country dream home on a nice piece of property, then open some sort of business where I could show up on occasion but have other people manage it - probably like a dog groomers or a Tim Hortons hahah
 
10.Where do you see your blog going in the next year?
I'd love for it to build a bit but then peak and just keep the same readers for years to come. You see all too often bloggers/vloggers become 'bigger' and then they lose their charm. Their pictures become perfect and the stories are rehearsed. This is a real blog the good/bad/ugly I'm hoping it will stay that way.
 
11.Where does your blog inspiration come from?
My brain is a cornucopia of bizarre... I think it, I blog it.
I like watching beauty vloggers, magazine reading, again tv watching..
Can't go wrong with Marilyn Denis and Cityline: little bit of fashion, home décor, health, beauty, recipes, etc I just love them.
 
 
PHEW I was going to put a little recipe in the end of this post however it seems pretty beefy as is so I think I will leave that for a future blog and sign off with some names of blogs I nominate/you should check out!
Thanks for reading! XO
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 








Post a Comment