SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 13 November 2017

31 lessons in 31 years..

A little click bait title..
I say all the time I am in no position to advise anyone of anything.
So if this stuff is relatable and helpful to YOU, then yayyyy. (!!!)
but I'm no Doctorate, just FYI..

This week I turned 31 and it seems like 31 is way worse than 30.
Did that happen to anyone else?? like 30 is still close to 20.. but once you're IN YOUR 30's, you may as well stamp grandma on your forehead.

And its not that I'm unhappy with aging but I'm suddenly very aware of my own mortality and things like pap tests, mammograms, colonoscopies, routine bloodwork, all seem very real and necessary. lol

With that being said I feel like your 30's comes with a confidence you could never have in your 20's, maybe its just me but I really feel like this year is off to a great start with knowing who I am and working towards fulfilling who I want to be AND freeing myself of people/places/things that have weighed me down and brought undo drama or negativity.
(I've been 31 for about 24 hours and I clearly have all the answers lol)

I was thinking of stuff that I just don't have time for anymore, lessons I've learned, things I want to tell my kids before I forget aka I need to start a journal for them asap.

Side Note: I saw the cutest Journals at The Royal Diaperer . They were exactly what I've wanted to do with my grandparents for so long now, a little book titled 'Memories from Grandma' & the inside is broken into categories with prompts to get your memories flowing. So cute!

Without further ado, here are some 'lessons'..
some explained, some not..
 


1. Being a kid is the best.
*Especially if you're my kid, Elliott and Noelle you better be savouring this.

2. Try to live a lot of lives.
*I've lived 2 billion different lives and I still feel like it's never enough, I want to be more, try more!

3. Pick the career you want.
*Pick it and change it, change it again, and again, and again.
There's no cap on job opportunities.

4. Try everything! EVERYTHING. (but not like, drugs. stay away from drugs.)

5. Trying and not succeeding is not failing.

6. The only failure in my books is not trying at all.

7. Wear whatever you want.
*WHATEVER. do not conform. If its not in style that only means you're ahead of the curve.

8. Dye your hair!
*Seriously, dye it. Shave it. mess with it. It's only hair.

9. Don't judge people.
*Stop judging. the best part of this world is the differences. THE BEST.

10. Don't get in internet fights.
*ok, pick and choose your internet fights because I know its impossible to go cold turkey.

11. Your parents are not always right. You should stop listening to your parents.
*unless you're under 16 and then my word is LAW. 16+ we can talk about flexibility. 18+ you're on your own.

12. Yell at your kids.
*it will make them better people. I think.

13. Always balance the yelling with praise x2.

14. Laugh all the time.
*This is mandatory. If you don't laugh at least 30 times a day you need to re-evaluate.
Deep down belly laughs at least, at least once a month. I want to see tears.

15. Sarcasm is gold.

16. Tell people what you honestly feel.
*I always do this and it gets brushed off or blown up because it makes them uncomfortable but that's not my problem.

17. Stop being nice to people who don't deserve it.
*Just stop. No explanations, just done.
This ^ not a free pass to be mean though, just ignore and move on.

18. See people for who they are and stop giving them the benefit of the doubt.

19. Text back your real friends before your internet friends.

20. Correction: TEXT BACK EVERYONE. (I suck at this lolol)

21. Staying on top of emails is always best.
*procrastination is in my blood but life is so much easier when I do things asap.

22. Eat whatever you want!
*if I get hit by a bus tomorrow let the autopsy show chocolate cake was in my stomach

23. but also HEALTH.
*Health is SOOOOO important. Don't take it for granted and don't wait until you're set in bad habits to change.

24. Don't ever let anyone tell you you're not good enough.
*Physically, mentally, emotionally, you are ALWAYS enough.
Ebbs and flows of your strength areas - yes.
But ALWAYS enough.

25. Surround yourself with people who build you up and confirm your worth.
*this is really hard.

26. You can be mad at someone and still be kind.

27. Show more love.
*I show more love than my parents and I want my kids to show more than me.
love, love, love, love, more, more, more.

28. Don't give unlimited chances.
*but depending on the context give as many as you would hope to get in return.

29. Embrace being awkward.
*Everyone is awkward.

30. Mistakes make you human.
*so. many. mistakes.

31. OWN WHO YOU ARE.
*I am constantly saying "I wish they would stop making excuses and OWN IT.
Like me, I am hot tempered, moody, selfish, snappy, saucy, crazy, over the top, really, actually unbearable to be around sometimes.. but I know that I am and I will be the first to tell you that.
I am also amazing in almost all aspects and won't hesitate to confirm it. LOL

And that's about it!
Realistically I could list another 31 pretty easily but I'll save that for my kids and not bore you any longer.

If you want to see my birthday day in photos and video- scroll on! xox
 


 





































Post a Comment